Vocal Health
Sore throats, and fevers, and coughs! Oh my!

There is much said on this subject and I only want to be brief. We all get that sick feeling and think it's not that bad and we sing or even talk through it. The best thing to do is to relax the voice. Too often singers keep going rather than stopping. My confession is that when I'm sick I don't practice but I sing a ton in the car or while listening to spotify. That's terrible! We need to rest our voices and even talking and especially whispering can cause fatigue. 

double caramel ice cream barThe best thing to do is over hydrate, sleep and get some ice cream. Hydration will help your overall health and your body knows how to fight well when it's taken care of with sleep as well. As for the ice cream it will soothe your throat and coat it up a little bit and your voice needs that extra cushion when it's already sore. So go get a box of Magnum bars and dream of being in Italy...

If you want to read more on vocal health check out this website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment